Shares on Offer
Why Be Dynamic
Shares on Offer
Dynamic Trainer Profiles
Meet Our Team
Peter & Paul Snowden
Why Be Dynamic?
Learn About Dynamic
Dynamic by Definition
Selecting the BEST
Your Racing Team
Costs and FAQ's
What are the Costs?
The Call to the Barrier
Excitement of Racing
Buying a Racehorse
Keeping You Informed
Sample Horse File
Barrier Trial Example
Dean Watt Bloodstock
Reward For Effort
Spelling and Pre-Training
Breaking-In and Education
Dynamic Trainer Profiles
DAVID PAYNE - ROSEHILL
is defined as being:
* A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior.
* A man regarded as having qualities of refinement, associated with a good family
* A man who is cultured and courteous
True Gentleman, Outstanding Trainer &
Proven Trainer of 2yo’s
103 Group 1
Winners, David Payne moved to Australia from his native South Africa in 2002, without any horses, wanting to make a new start.
David's running total of Sydney Metropolitan Winners for the 2013/14 racing season
and is c
position on the Trainers Premiership.
Previous 4 Seasons in Sydney
2012/13 Sydney Trainers Premiership - 15th - 17 wins
2011/12 Sydney Trainers Premiership - 9th - 23 wins
2010/11 Sydney Trainers Premiership - 6th - 34 wins
2009/10 Sydney Trainers Premiership - 5th - 41 wins
David Payne is the trainer of High Quality 2yo
Sebring’s Best Son to Date.
Winner of 3 Races including 2 wins in Stakes Company and twice Placed at Group 1 Level.
Since commencing training in Sydney, David has become one of the most respected trainers in the tough Sydney market and permanently holds a position in the top metropolitan trainers.
David has spent the last
plus years surrounded by horses as either a jockey or a trainer.
David was a jockey for
years in his native South Africa before weight got the better of him and he took to training horses in the season 1970 / 71.
He met with early success with his first ever runner, Early Bid, saluting the judge in first position, hence the name of his stables on the Summerveld Course, ‘Early Bid Lodge.’
In a short space of time, David was to become rather fond of a horse that he considered was the best that he has ever trained. In Full Flight took all before him in having 19 starts between 2 and 4 years of age for 16 wins. Of those 16 wins, an incredible 6 were group 1’s, 3 were Group 2’s, 1 was in a Group 3 and a further win was in a Listed event.
plus years as a trainer in South Africa, David’s record was unparalleled. He was the leading trainer of the Natal district an amazing 23 times.
David has now won
103 Group 1’s
both here and in South Africa.
The next time you are at a trivia night, answer David Payne to the following question.
Which former South African trainer has won every Group 1 race that South Africa has to offer?
Amazing but true.
David is also the only person to ride and train a winner of South Africa's prestigious Group 1 Durban July Hcp.
When David first arrived in Australia in
, he applied for boxes at Royal Randwick. The chief executive of the AJC at the time, Tony King, rang some connections in South Africa and with their recommendation; he had the next available boxes. David is now well established as a leading Sydney trainer. In this time he has won over 430 races and is just shy of $23 million in prizemoney earnings since 2002. He has twice tasted Group 1 success in Australia with both UNEARTHLY 2003 Flight Stakes and MASTER OF DESIGN winning the 2012 TJ Smith stakes.
The 25 boxes that he was initially granted were filled with quality horses such as:
– Winner Gr 1 Flight Stakes and Group 2 Chelmsford Stakes (first up over 1600m)
* Master of Design
– Winner of the Gr 1 TJ Smith Stakes and Gr 2 Sebring Stakes. Also, placed in the Gr 1 Rubert Clark Stakes.
* Centennial Park
– Winner Gr 2 Expressway Stakes, Gr 3 AAMI Stakes, LR Darby Munro Stakes.
– Winner Gr 2 Todman Slipper Trial.
– Won Gr 3 Gold Coast Guineas and placed another 3 times at Stakes level.
* Hurried Choice
– Winner Group 2 Challenge Stakes and placed in Gr 2 and listed events.
* Gallant Tess
– Winner Gr 2 Breeders Classic, Listed Fernhill Hcp. Placed in the Gr 1 Champagne Stakes, Group 2 Furious Stakes and Gr 2 Tea Rose Stakes.
* Flying Pegasus
– Winner Gr 2 Royal Sovereign Stakes and Gr 3 Kindergarten Stakes. Placed Gr 1 Randwick Guineas, Gr 2 Todman Stakes and Gr 3 Hobartville Stakes.
– Winner Gr 2 Chelmsford Stakes and Listed Toy Show Quality. Placed Gr 1 Rosehill Guineas and 4th in the Gr 1 George Main Stakes
* Rock Me Baby
– Winner Gr 2 Light Fingers Stakes.
– Winner of the 1st 2yo race after EI and winner of the Gr 3 Sweet Embrace Stakes and placed in the listed Widden Stakes Defiant Dame – Winner LR Gimcrack Stakes.
* Dream Machine
– Winner Gr 3 Frank Packer Plate.
– Winner Gr 3 Black Opal, Listed Lightning Stakes, Listed Razor Sharp Quality
* Winning Glory
– Winner Gr 3 Newcastle Cup.
– Winner of the Gr 3 Craven Plate and twice placed at Group 1 level.
– Winner Gr 3 Triscay Stakes.
David now sees his future at the Rosehill race track where he has 50 boxes and
are delighted to be able to support him.
His contribution to South African racing was immeasurable and he is building an imposing record here in Australia from a limited amount of boxes.
David Payne has trained for Dynamic Syndications several quality horses including WELL HANDLED, DREAM CHOICE, ATREYU, SECRET DELIGHT, etc.
< Back to List
Racing Syndicate - Current
Past Horse Syndication
Upcoming Horse Syndication
Our Race horse Trainers
Horse Syndication Costs?
Selecting the Best Race Horses
Copyright © 2012 Dynamic Syndications, All rights reserved, AFSL # 336808