Dean Watt Bloodstock
Are You Sick and Tired of Ordinary Performers? You Need a Specialist!
DEAN WATT BLOODSTOCK
Suite 1, 15 – 17 Forest Rd
HURSTVILLE, NSW, 2000
ABN 78 068 929 582
Principal: Dean Watt
Take advantage of our experience, integrity and accountability
- Bloodstock Consultants and Syndicators - Established 1986
- Member – Bloodstock Agents Federation of Australia Ltd
- Holder of AFS Licence Number 336808
- Holder of Commercial Agents Licence 409535684
Servicing the needs of all Participants in the Thoroughbred Industry is our business:
- Yearling Selection
- Racehorse in Training
- Stallion Prospects
- Pedigree Advice & Mating Selections
- Market Appraisals and Valuations
- Agency Representation at Auction
- Bloodstock Management and Marketing
- Multimedia Marketing specialising in Television & Social Media
Dean Watt is the only Professional Bloodstock Agent & Racehorse Syndicator to have achieved all these facts below:
- Syndicated the Winners of Australia’s 3 Major 2yo Races: Golden Slipper, Blue Diamond and Magic Millions
- Syndicated a Cox Plate Winner
- Successfully held a Racehorse Trainers Licence
- Been appointed as a Thoroughbred Judge at a Royal Show
- Achieved a Tertiary Qualification specific to the Thoroughbred Industry
- Been a long standing Member of the Federation of Bloodstock Agents – Australia
- Been a licence holder with ASIC since 1982
- Been a licenced Racehorse Syndicator since 1995
- Been a licenced Commercial Agent since 1995
- Accumulated over 30 year’s industry experience
List of Results
The reasons are obvious why it pays to deal with a Specialist!
Disclaimer: The following list represents the individual winners and wins Dean Watt has been directly involved in the Racing Career of these winners either as a Bloodstock Consultant or Syndicator.
As at 31 July 2012: (verified by Audit)
- Number of Individual Winners = 517
- Total Number of Race Wins = 1,725
- Prizemoney Won = $29.76 Million
- A World Record Holder - Raphael Gold (Sing) - 1100m W.F.A. (turf) in 61.1 sec.
- 10 Individual Group 1 Winners (13 Wins) – Atomic Force (2), He’s No Pie Eater (2), Savabeel (2), Polar Success, Reward For Effort, Econsul, De Beers, Silver Tip (NZ), Our Heavenly Body, Mosszao (S Af),
- 7 Major International Cup Winners - Flying Dancer (HK), Big Arnold (HK), Crossroads Star (HK), Scarlet Heights (Mac), Chimbu Dancer (Mac), West Char (Mac), White Crest (Mac).
- Winner of the 3 Major 2yo Races in Australia – Golden Slipper (Polar Success ‘03), Blue Diamond (Reward For Effort ‘09), Magic Millions (Bradbury’s Luck ‘05).
- Winner of a Cox Plate (Savabeel ‘04).
- 83 Stakes Performers
More information available at http://www.deanwattbloodstock.com.au
Tertiary - Dean Watt holds a:
- Diploma in Horse Husbandry and Management from McMillan College - (Affiliated Melbourne University)
- Diploma from the Australian Stock Exchange
- Diploma in Treasury Dealing from TDC - (Affiliated Macquarie University).
Our Racetrack Success - Some of the Stakes Races Won for clients include:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR RACETRACK STARS >>
- Cox Plate
- Golden Slipper
- Blue Diamond
- Caulfield Guineas
- Rosehill Guineas (2)
- Chipping Norton
- Spring Champion
- The Galaxy
- Railway Stakes (NZ) (2)
- South Australian Oaks
- Gold Bowl (S Af)
- Riesling Slipper
- Magic Millions
- Widden (2)
- Sir John
- Maurice McCarten
- The Heath (Slickpix)
- Voyager (S Af)
- Northland Breeders NZ
- Eskimo Prince
History of Dean Watt Bloodstock
In 1986, having gained industry experience since 1982, Dean Watt successfully commenced his Thoroughbred Consultancy “Dean Watt Bloodstock” which remains actively trading today. This company does consulting work to the Thoroughbred Industry and is separate trading business from Dynamic Syndications.
Dean Watt Bloodstock is a long standing member of the Federation of Bloodstock Agents - Australia Ltd.
In 1994, Dean Watt Bloodstock was the first company ever to be awarded a private contract to supply 87 horses in one single order delivered by cargo plane to South Korea. Previously offered by Tender, the Seoul Racehorse Owners Association bestowed a great honour upon Dean by creating a protocol to award Dean Watt Bloodstock the contract directly.
In 1995, Dean expanded his consultancy and also became a licenced Racehorse Syndicator
In 1996, as a personal challenge whilst continuing his bloodstock consultancy work, Dean became a Licenced Racehorse Trainer in NSW (SERA), training several winners over a short period before ceasing training, to concentrate on his racing administration career.
It was never his career intention to become a Racehorse Trainer. However to truly understand the workings of a racing stable and communicate effectively with all owners and industry suppliers (Trainers, Veterinarians, Jockey’s, Track Riders, Strappers, Feed & Produce Merchants, Transporters and Racing Administrators, etc.,) the only way to gain a full understandings of the intricacies of the sport was to take a hands-on approach.
After his experiment to prove to himself that he could achieve success as a trainer and after a step learning curve of industry practice and protocol, Dean concentrated back on his consultancy and the business continued to thrive.
In 2001 a proposition was put forward to Dean by a leading high profile Randwick trainer, to run Dean’s company through the one Randwick stable. After due consideration, a business model and relationship was agreed. By joining forces, Dean became the market leader at syndicating exciting racehorse prospects.
During this period, our syndicated horses excelled winning many good races including the Cox Plate and Spring Champion - Winner SAVABEEL, Golden Slipper and Riesling Slipper - Winner POLAR SUCCESS, Caulfield Guineas - Winner ECONSUL, Magic Millions and Widden Stakes - Winner BRADBURY’S LUCK, etc.
In 2004 Dean created Dynamic Syndications and relocated his Bloodstock Consultancy to the Sydney CBD.
In 2005 Dean purchased at the yearling sales his first crop of racehorses under the Dynamic Syndications banner.
In 2006 Dean's skills and eye for bloodstock resulted in him being appointed as a Judge - Thoroughbred Section - Brisbane Royal Show. We remain syndicating under the name of Dynamic Syndications and we remain doing consultancy work under the name Dean Watt Bloodstock.
In 2009 Dean relocated Dynamic Syndications office from the Sydney CBD to the more conveniently located suburb of Hurstville which is central for all aspects of the racing industry.